So ... what do you know about Istanbul?I have learned that Istanbul is in a country called Turkey and that the official population is 12.6 million people but that there are far more people living there really.
Istanbul is an ancient city and it used to be called Constantinople. It is located on the Bosphorus Strait and the Bosphorus is like a huge river between two continents.
Yes, Istanbul is a city on two continents!!
One half of the city is in continental Europe and the other half of the city is in Asia. And even more amazing is the fact that there are two huge bridges that allow people to drive over the Bosphorus, from Europe into Asia and back to Europe again.
This photograph is one that I took of sun rise on Leanders Tower in the Bosphorus Strait. This tower is also known as the Maiden's Tower and was built by an Athenian general called Alcibiades in 408 BC ... 2417 years ago.
I loved Istanbul.
Love
Flat Stanely
No comments:
Post a Comment