Thursday, April 9, 2009

Flat Stanley Goes on an Eating Adventure!

Hi Guys,

It is difficult to write this post ... I'm not sure I want to think about food.

Maybe I'll begin by introducing you to Sahara - Di's granddaughter. Sahara and I had the best time yesterday but last night, before bed, we thought our stomachs might explode.

We ate:
frieten (fries)
bitterballen
brusselse wafel (waffle)
smoutebollen
and a huge cheese sandwich!

AND THEN, Di's husband brought home FRIETEN and BITTERBALLEN for dinner. And really, they are so tasty, that we ate them again!!

We ate too much!

Did you know, French fries were actually invented by the Belgians?
It's true.
The call them frieten and they eat them with mayonnaise.

I might stay here a while ... just until I fit back into the envelope.
I'm getting fat, guys.

1 comment:

  1. oh stanley it's ok, just wait until you get back to jersey and we get you some cheesesteaks and pizza from Riv ;-)

    ReplyDelete